March is Middle Level Education Month!
Tweet hashtag: #MLEM17
This annual recognition provides a special opportunity to focus on this important time in the education of our children.
With Career Education in mind, Middle School CTE programs are exploratory in nature, focused on connection to career possibilities and assist students to obtain connection to self, while experiencing an all encompassing ‘wheel’ of career cluster exposure.
To introduce students to their interests, resulting in obtaining relevance for learning with an increase in their engagement which in turn supports High School program recruitment and retention, inevitably increasing graduation rates and Postsecondary enrollment rates.
- Early exposure to careers and the World of Work
- Access to Career & Technical Student Associations (CTSOs)
- Potential for CTA (Career & Technical Act) reimbursement
- Alignment to Individual Career & Academic Plan (ICAP) preparedness
- Increase Postsecondary Workforce Readiness (PWR)-Going School Culture