- Equity in Apprenticeship, JFF Resources – Equity and diversity in apprenticeship
- A Guide to Gender Fair Counseling in STEM, gfb.pdf
- Gender Gap Grader http://gendergapgrader.com/studies/
- The Global Gender Gap Report 2017, World Economic Forum, WEF GGGR 2017.pdf
- OECD Gender Equity Data, www.oecd.org/gender/data/
- Micromessaging: NAPE Micromessaging Information Sheet pdf
- Stereotype Threat: www.reducingstereotypethreat.org
- Self-Efficacy, Believe You Can Succeed poster: https://www.napequity.org/product/believe-poster/
- Non-Traditional Careers Occupations Crosswalk: NAPE Nontraditional Occupations Crosswalk
- Root Causes and Strategies: NAPE Root Causes Chart pdf
- Try this Equity hiring tool, Textio.com
- Gender Equity Assessment for Businesses, https://www.pipelineequity.co/
- Ted Talk (video) : The Danger of a Single Story
- California Model, Non-Traditional Training & Employment
- Utah Board of Education Nontraditional Careers
- Her Own Words ® Posters and DVDs : NontraditionalCareers.com.
- The Female Lead Book, FREE curriculum and videos, website: https://www.thefemalelead.com/icon-series#schools-donation
- The Female Lead Appendix, pdf, Female Lead Appendix
- The Female Lead Classroom Resources, pdf, Classroom Resources
- The Female Lead Teacher Notes, pdf, Teacher Notes
- International Association of Women in Fire & Emergency Services, https://www.i-women.org/
- International Association of Women Police, http://iawp.org/
- International Association of Women Airline Pilots, http://iswap.org/
- International Aviation Women’s Association, https://iawa.org/
- Association for Advancing Men in Nursing, http://www.aamn.org/
- Men in Early Childhood Education, http://www.menteach.org/
Non-Traditional Careers for Perkins and Workplace Gender Balance
To help men and women choose skilled careers that:
- break through traditional gender stereotypes,
- meet the needs for skilled employment in Colorado,
- and are a good personal fit.
We believe that all levels of American society and business will benefit by having a better balance of men and women in the U.S. workplace. With the entrance of women into the workplace over the last forty years, many workplaces have already become fully integrated and women and men operate on a peer-to-peer basis. And while some occupations have been slower to become integrated, it has been proven that progress is possible.
The beginning of this process is to create a positive message about balance in the workplace, and to encourage and support Coloradans who enter education and training programs that still need to achieve balance in the workplace.
Five Strategic Objectives for the Workplace Gender Balance Project
- Create a compelling message and implement a communication plan
- Build buy-in and commitment from college leadership, student support services staff and faculty, and other stakeholders
- Develop effective assistance for both men and women to learn about and prepare for non-traditional careers.
- Engage employers, employer groups and other stakeholders to change the workplace culture
- Keep score to measure progress
- Community Colleges
- Technical Colleges
- Secondary Schools
- and even Correctional Facilities
To enhance equity and inclusivity in the classroom and workplace environments. To develop a talented, skilled and motivated pool of workers that enhance the competitiveness of Colorado’s workforce and economy. To help meet the program accountability objectives and metrics of the federal Perkins Career and Technical Education (CTE) Improvement Act (specifically within the non-traditional careers metrics).
Bias Assessment Survey
Project Implicit website. Instructions: Click ‘demonstration’ / Go to Test / Proceed to Test / Test: Gender-Career
Mindset Survey. Mindset is a simple idea discovered by world-renowned Stanford University psychologist Carol Dweck in decades of research on achievement and success.