Fact Sheet 2016
20,721 total CTE enrollments (19,606 individual CTE students) in 2014-2015.
- 86 middle school CTE programs approved within 74 public schools reported enrollment for 14-15.
- Middle school program areas include: Agriculture Education; Audio/Video Technology & Communications; Business & Marketing; Combined Exploratory; Family & Consumer Sciences; Information Technology; Skilled Trades & Technical Sciences; STEM; and Visual & Design Arts.
125,182 total CTE enrollments (96,854 individual CTE students) in 2014-2015.
- 1,306 secondary CTE programs in 147 public school districts, 8 technical centers, 1 special school, 3 community colleges, 3 area technical colleges, 1 four-year local college, and correctional facilities.
- 32% of CTE students identified as economically disadvantaged; 9% as disabled; 38% as minority.
- 38% of 9th-12th grade students in Colorado enrolled in at least one CTE course.
- 63,034 total CTE program completions (55,179 total individual CTE students).
- 75% percent of CTE concentrators and completers who graduated with a high school diploma met the proficient or advanced levels on the statewide 10th grade high school Reading/Language Arts TCAP assessment. Of this same population of CTE concentrators and completers, 36% met the proficient or advanced levels on the statewide 10th grade high school Mathematics TCAP assessment.
- 84% of previous year CTE completers who responded to school surveys and who were seeking employment had obtained jobs within a year following program completion.
34,829 total CTE enrollments (32,878 individual CTE students) in 2014-2015.
- 566 postsecondary CTE programs in 13 system community colleges, 2 district community colleges, 1 four-year local college, 3 area technical colleges, and correctional facilities.
- 18,697 total CTE program completions (17,349 total individual CTE students).
- 13,646 completions at system, district, and local colleges.
- 3,082 completions at area technical colleges.
- 94% of previous year CTE completers who schools were able to contact and who were seeking employment had obtained jobs within a year following program completion.
COLORADO CTE CALENDAR
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Management & Administration
- Government & Public Administration
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Education & Training
- Health Sciences
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communication
- Information Technology
- Postsecondary & Workforce Readiness
Colorado Career Clusters
Strategies for the Future
- Implementing Career and Technical Education Plans of Study
- Strengthening Accountability for Results
- Adopting a Project-Based Focus
- Assessing Career and Technical Skills
- Integrating Academic and CTE Skills and Knowledge
- Building a Corps of Effective CTE Teachers
- Ensuring Effective Strategies For Special Populations
- Connecting CTE To Employers and Workforce Priorities